In case you are looking out to review your credit score, you will require a specific basic detail along with your PAN card number. Also, you are required to make payment of a fee to access your credit report. If you have the habit of reviewing your credit report once every year, then CIBIL can offer you a free credit score. Presently, CIBIL is the only site that provides you with all-around accurate information and other details in totality. Read on to find an answer to the most asked query ‘how to check my credit score’.
Read also: A Basic Guide On Data Security
Here are the important steps to check out your PAN card CIBIL score –
Read on to know the steps to review your credit score –
- Visit the official CIBIL website.
- Click on the top option stating ‘get your score’ or visit
- https://www.cibil.com/creditscore/ directly
- Select the subscription method
- Place in your PAN details
- Place in your mail address
- Place in your birth date
- Choose your gender
- Submit the captcha code
- Tick on the terms and conditions
- Proceed to make the payment
In case you have reviewed your credit score, you will know that you can use your mail ID as well as password to simply access your existing info. If you are reviewing your credit info for the very first time, the site will redirect you to make the payment. Once payment is made, you can select your mode of delivery for the report and score. You can avail the report’s physical copy mailed to your residential address or can select to receive a copy through email.
In case you do not have your PAN card in place, you can use your basic personal info like name, identity proof, date of birth etc.
Why do you need the PAN card info to check your CIBIL score?
A PAN card is one of the common documents that you can use to identify an individual by using unique PAN card details. Additionally, PAN is even linked with all bank and financial accounts of many individuals. PAN details make it simpler for the credit bureau to easily locate the details efficiently. When you use your PAN card number to check your CIBIL score, it is just used for the purpose of locating your credit details and verifying them by using the linked details. If you have no PAN card, you can still lodge a request for a CIBIL report by using your ID proof mentioned on the voter ID, passport, or driver’s license.
What is meant by CIBIL dispute or CIBIL clearance?
A credit report is nothing but the pivotal aspect that impacts your loan or credit card application. It is recommended to check for the credit report at periodic intervals to recognize any discrepancy or error in your name, personal info, and inaccurate details. Any error might often drop your score and reject your application. Just for your convenience, credit bureaus provide free credit scores. However, in case you wish to get a detailed credit report, get the subscription-based on your credit report from agencies.
The credit institution organization from where you borrow money sends all the details to the credit bureau every 30-45 days. Based on the data, the credit bureau then generates CIR (credit info report). Thus, the onus of error lies on credit companies as they report info to credit agencies. No credit agency simply can change the report till the credit institution reports this.
If your account is not being updated, there may be 2 major reasons that may be responsible for this. Either the lenders have not submitted your current report to the credit agency, or there is a probability of an ongoing dispute. In case the dispute is linked to the account’s ownership, then it involves all other parameters. And if you are looking to raise the dispute linked with one or more fields, then you may raise the request.
Credit institution places in customer’s credit account info, name, employment info linked with date of birth etc. Hence, it is of complete importance to update your details with CI’s because incorrect info might impact your CIBIL report, which may pull down your score and application for a loan.
Here’s how you can solve such CIBIL disputes
If you are finding any kind of irrelevant info on your report that is misspelt info or a little info that is incorrect, you must either contact the credit institutions or credit bureaus. Follow the listed steps to rectify the errors in your credit report, as this might impact your loan application and even enhance your interest component.
- Analyze your issue correctly that might affect your credit report
- Open online dispute resolution form from credit agency site and fill up the same correctly
- After you submit the correction form, you will get a dispute ID, also known as a compliant ID.
- Credit bureaus will send your dispute resolution report to the concerned lender.
- Once the concerned lender confirms the mistake, the credit agency makes the required changes.
- The whole process takes about 30 days to end as this depends on both the credit agency and credit institution.
- You can get the confirmation message from the credit agency through email.
Here’s how you can clear your name from the defaulter list
In the case your name is present in the list of defaulters, you must take the initiative to remove it from the list that might otherwise create a negative impact on your credit history. In case your name is present in the cibil defaulter list, the loan application process can be impacted. Hence, before the loan application process, ensure to find why your name is present in the list and take apt steps to correct this. You must follow the below-listed steps to ensure your name is not mentioned in the defaulters’ list –
- First, avail free CIBIL score and evaluate it completely.
- Find out the pending due amount & clear all your outstanding amount
- Then, take no due certificate from the bank
- Next, place in your credit bureau certificate and request to remove your name from the list
- After this is done, with your loan application form, place in the copy of all the crucial documents, supporting it.
- You will get a confirmation message from the bureau through the email, where you can even check the status of your cibil dispute application.